7 Tips to a Healthy New Year: Breaking Compulsive Overeating FOR GOOD!
Well, its that time of year again… an opportunity to start fresh, and re-create your life the way you want it to be…
Are you feeling excited about this?
Are you feeling hopeful?
Are you motivated and clear?
Do you have direction, focus and a deep, honest connection with what you really need?
New years resolutions for compulsive overeaters come and go faster than the newest and hottest diet schemes. They never last and they are often followed by a sense of failure and hopelessness…and usually self destructive behaviour.
I remember the days clearly- year after year, making that golden and sincere promise to myself to just " get it together", to " figure out" this food thing… and within weeks being back to the same old hame flu and discouraging behaviours and habits. I always THOUGHT I was ready. I THOUGHT I was doing it different …..but I wasn't and I hadn't.
But then I made the decision to do it different- and so can you.
Here are my 7 tips to Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating- and truly creating a NEW year!
1. Don't Settle- Make a decision NOT to settle in a any area of your life anymore…your health, your relationships, your work, and most of all- your happiness. Put a sticky note on the fridge- do whatever it takes so you don't forget to ask this question every day. "Am I settling? " If the answer is YES, then take ACTION!
2. Break the Insanity- The definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Can you relate? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired of your disordered eating? Have you had enough? If what you are doing isn't working, than what havnt you tired to recover? THAT is your NEXT action step!
3. Make the Decision to STOP RESISTING. -Do you put up walls when you know there is help available? Do you self sabotage when you are feeling supported? Make the decision to surrender- to let down the walls and ask for HELP. You deserve it.
4. TRUST you will be Supported.- When you decide to move forward and recover, you create an energy of momentum and force. This is something the Universe can only be attracted to. You will meet the next right person, support network and community to support your journey so long as you are willing. ACTION is key here- what are you committed to? How are you showing it?
5. SELF LOVE in Everything you Do- Make the decision that SELF LOVE is your PRIORITY this year. If you REALLY put yourself first, what things might change? Would you decide to let go of some toxic people in your life? Would you re-connect with your purpose on this planet? Would you experiment with saying NO? Would you commit to joy, happiness and sweet tender words to yourself? Would you THROW AWAY THE SCALE? Would you QUIT COUNTING CALORIES and get honest about your relationship with food?
6. ASK QUESTIONS- You don't need to have all the answers to break the cycle of compulsive overeating. You only need to ask the right questions. If you were to change the questions you are asking, what would that look like? How could you change your life RIGHT NOW by asking a different question?
7. RE- EXAMINE YOUR PRIORITIES- If everything and everyone comes before your own healing, then your own healing will always come in last. What is your REAL PRIORITY this year? What are you willing to let go of to give yourself the gift of FREEDOM? If your problematic eating was your number ONE priority, how would that look?
If you are ready to make 2015 YOUR YEAR to find FREEDOM WITH FOOD, then I support you. The Universe supports you and you are on the path.
What does this mean?
It means that you can ONLY move forward- not backwards. One day at a time, one small action at a time- and a strong commitment to DO IT DIFFERENTLY, is all you need.
If this is you, I hope you will join us. Our 2015 online Program: Breaking Free of Compulsive Overating- 12 Weeks To Freedom With Food starts January 27th! Click the link below to sign up for your FREE session now, and see if this is a fit for you!
My wish to you is that this is YOUR YEAR. Food Freedom is possible.
Happy New Year- from my heart to yours.
If this blog does not apply to you, do you know anyone it might serve? Please share :)