What is problematic eating? It's a term that describes any situation whereby a person is compromised due to an inability to eat in a way that does not cause stress physically, emotionally and/or mentally. Usually this involves an over-concern with weight and shape, or general concern about how one looks. Sound familiar?
A person with Problematic Eating will experience emotional, cognitive and/or interpersonal triggers that will lead them to act out in behaviours that are destructive around food. Emotional eating, eating in response to feelings rather than hunger, is one factor that may exist. Eating compulsively, in a way that feels ” out of control” may also be present, periodically consuming food past the point of being full. Is this you?
- Are you tired of being defeated, frustrated, and anxious about food, your shape and or weight?
- Are you tired of being on and off of the diet cycle, never experiencing any lasting results?
- Are you sick of turning to food for every reason other than simply for nourishment?
- Even though you have every intention of eating in a healthy and conscious way, are you exhausted of waking up in or after a food trance?
- Are you done with making promises every day to do it differently, hiding from your "trigger foods” and having rules for yourself around being ” good”?
- Are your ready to MASTER YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD?
I’m a certified integrative health counsellor and problematic eating specialist. I offer 1:1 support, group programs and I also teach other health professionals this life changing work. I know what you're going through and I have the tools to help you (or your clients) end this self-destructive cycle once and for all.